June 8, 2009

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

I haven't posted in so long!! I'm such a horrible person. With all the graduation festivities and then I went to San Francisco and New York, I really have not baked in a long time. When I was in San Francisco and New York though, I did sample quite a few amazing cupcakes. I went back to my favorite shop Cupcake Cafe in New York with some friends and fell in love all over again. I also found a van that sells cupcakes around the Union Square area. I can't wait until next year
and I can get cupcakes from the van everyday. 
Anyway, the other day, I got the new Martha Stewart Cupcake Book. SO EXCITING!!! I've been waiting for it to come out since I heard it was announced months and months ago. Borders was one of my first stops when I got home from New York just to get the book. Of course, all the pictures are just as beautiful as the cookie book and it looks like the recipes are also just as yummy. Today, I made snickerdoodle cupcakes. I love snickerdoodle cookies and it was not your basic chocolate/vanilla cupcake. Also, I got cool little cupcake holders the other day when I was at Joanne's Fabric store which made me very excited because I had been looking for them everywhere. 
The result was A+. Now I'm not the biggest fan of meringue icing, but with the cinnamon sugar sprinkled over it, it was delicious. I made far much more icing than I actually needed - probably threw away about 4 cups of it since I didn't need anymore, but other than that, they were great. Excellent taste - just the right amount of cinnamon in the cupcakes but not overwhelming. I will definitely be making these again. 
So I'm way to lazy to write out the recipe today, but you can find it right here

No comments: