September 3, 2009

Dorm Room Dinner Night

So I'm all moved in to college! My dorm is spectacular. I have a huge room, a great roommate, and an awesome kitchen/common room. Sadly, I am in the one tower of my building that was not renovated over the summer, so the other towers are a tad bit nicer then ours is, but oh well. It's the people that counts, right ;-) Weeks ago, when all my suites mates and I first started talking on facebook - there are 6 of us - we decided we wanted to have a big dinner to share our love of baking and cooking with each other when we arrived in the dorm. Well, tonight was the night. As I said, our kitchen is rather small and the oven has some faulty temperatures, but it still turned out great. We had spaghetti, quiche, salads and some very yummy baked goods compliments of Shaina and myself. It was by far the best meal I've had since being on campus, although I have only eaten in the dining halls here twice, so I can't make so swift decisions quite yet on the campus food. We are hoping to make this weekly dinner/roommate bonding time a bi-weekly event, so I am greatly looking forward to what everyone holds in store for next time. I know I shall most likely continue to contribute some baked items, but after playing with the oven, I'm realizing that making a cake or anything that needs a more constant oven temperature might be a little difficult.
My cookies - macaroons
Katie and Jessica at the stove/sink
Shaina's oatmeal raisin cookies
Jessica, Sally, and Shaina
Mallory, Katie, and Charlotte

1 comment:

Caroline Shin said...

Hi Maya,

I'm a journalist studying at Columbia University, and I'm doing a story on the Cupcake Stop truck. I found you on Twitter so I hope you don't mind if I ask you some questions for my article.

How did you find out about the Cupcake Stop? How did you find out about the Club Monaco collaboration? How often do you read @Cupcakestop's tweets? Do you follow any other food carts in NYC? If so, which ones?

I hope to hear back from you. Please email me at cs2804@columbia.edu.

All the best,
Caroline